It was thus said that the Great Roberto Ierusalimschy once stated:
> > Wouldn't it be useful to use some macro magic to remove the cast
> > when the code is built as plain C, so that the code the compiler
> > sees is conforming both as C and as C++?
>
> Currently, the code the compiler sees is already conforming both to C
> and C++.  Why that macro would be useful?

  As a C programmer, you do not need to cast to and from void*.  For me,
that's enough.  But furthermore, NULL, from my understanding, is NOT valid
C++ (Stroustrup hates NULL, so thus it is shunned)---either a plain 0 should
be used, or nullptr.  Yet there's plenty of NULLs in the code.

  So how is Lua compiled as C++ again?

  -spc