Thanks Hisham!

> On 20 June 2016 at 06:34, Christophe Jorssen <jorssen.leraincy@free.fr> wrote:
>> 4) As Hisham recommanded :
>> git clone git@github.com:ipese/LuaCoolProp.git
>>
>> then followed instructions there for linux after editing the Makefile
>> to make it work for lua5.2
>>
>> luarocks --local build luacoolprop-scm-1.rockspec
>> luarocks --local pack luacoolprop
>> luarocks install luacoolprop-scm-1.linux-x86_64.rock
>
> As a clarification: this command downloads a fresh copy of the source
> code in a temporary dir. It will not act on your local clone with your
> edited Makefile. To use the copy of the sources in your current dir
> you'd use `luarocks make`. But that shouldn't be necessary. There's no
> need to edit the Makefile; the rockspec sets the correct flags.

Good to know. Thanks.

>> Same error as last year...
>>
>> Do you have an idea why it still does not work?
>
> I have no idea, but try this: require("coolprop.capi"). This might
> give you better diagnostics.

Thanks.

christophe@uranium:~$ lua
Lua 5.2.3  Copyright (C) 1994-2013 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> require("coolprop.capi")
error loading module 'coolprop.capi' from file
'/home/christophe/luarocks/lib/lua/5.2/coolprop/capi.so':
/home/christophe/luarocks/lib/lua/5.2/coolprop/capi.so: undefined
symbol: get_parameter_information_string
stack traceback:
[C]: in ?
[C]: in function 'require'
stdin:1: in main chunk
[C]: in ?

So, the first message was misleading. What else can I do? Some more info below.

christophe@uranium:~/luarocks$ rgrep get_parameter_information_string *
Fichier binaire lib/lua/5.2/coolprop/capi.so correspondant
share/lua/5.2/coolprop/ffi.lua:long
get_parameter_information_string(const char *key, char *Output, int
n);
share/lua/5.2/coolprop/ffi.lua:function
coolprop.get_parameter_information_string(key)
share/lua/5.2/coolprop/ffi.lua:    local value =
lib.get_parameter_information_string(key, bub, 4096)
share/lua/5.2/coolprop.lua:function
coolprop.get_parameter_information_string(key)
share/lua/5.2/coolprop.lua:    local val, err =
capi.get_parameter_information_string(key)

christophe@uranium:~/git/LuaCoolProp$ rgrep get_parameter_information_string *
src/capi.cpp:static int
lua_coolprop_get_parameter_information_string(lua_State *L) {
src/capi.cpp:  {"get_parameter_information",
lua_coolprop_get_parameter_information_string},
src/capi.cpp:  {"get_parameter_information_string",
lua_coolprop_get_parameter_information_string},

> If all else fails, LuaCoolProp also includes a FFI-based module for
> LuaJIT. You may try that instead (open luajit and require("coolprop")

Ok but my project require "pure" lua.

Tranks again.

--
Christophe