On 20/06/2016 11:35, Viacheslav Usov wrote:
[snip]

the
function select is not mentioned in PiL 3rd edition at all.

Yep! I purchased the electronic version of PiL 3rd edition some time ago and did find the lack of any documentation about "select" too.

Now I remember that I also wrote a message to the list about that [1], but I got no answer from Roberto (I guess because IIRC I posted it when a Lua convention was due, so he must have been very busy).

[snip]

Cheers,
V.

Cheers!