Hi,

recently I came across the fact that in the reference manual for os.remove() and os.rename() only for the case that they fail a return value is specified:
"
If this function fails, it returns nil, plus a string describing the error and the error code.
"

For the successful case, both return true, which makes sense. I had to make an own implementation of these two functions, and because of the missing specification, they did at first not behave like the original versions.
Could someone please add a sentence like

"
, if it succeeds, it returns true.
"

--