Dear Lua list,

here is a PR for lpeg that fixes some issues we have had with deploying the it on Solaris / OmniOS.
Please consider merging this upstream.

https://github.com/LuaDist/lpeg/pull/1

"""
On operating systems like Solaris and Illumos where the stack grows down, lightuserdata and user data cannot be assigned from the stack. This commit patch fixes this behaviour by moving the allocations to the heap (using calloc).

We also ran into symbol collisions (compile) when linking the library with our codebase. This is also addressed in a separate commit.

"""

Best regards,
Heinrich Hartmann

--