On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Jonne Ransijn <yoyoyonny@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if I get your point.

I am afraid you missed my point very thoroughly. You said "[the] only reason why you should ever need to catch exceptions is to print error messages". Fact is, any non-trivial piece of Lua code that uses expensive resources (DB connections were one example) must have some very tedious exception handling in it. It cannot just do what you said, not with today's Lua.

try/catch/finally could make that exception handling a little less tedious, which is why people keep naively wishing it.

Cheers,
V.