Hello,

I read the paper about the implementation about Lua 5.0[1].
Then it occurs two questions to me.

1. What is the detailed implementation and algorithm of the hash part of table?
2. "in the JavaVM, goto and branch instructions use a two-byte displacement." is ... what?

1.
Yes, it is the best to read the source code, but I'm not good at C and difficult to understand ;(

2.
Why doesn't it compare the vm and Lua 4.0 stack vm?
 And t is not the difference between the register-based and the stack-based, but the Lua VM and JVM?

[1]: https://lua.org/doc/jucs05.pdf

Regards,

--
Kawahara Satoru