On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:

Am 16.05.2016 um 14:34 schröbte Jonne Ransijn:
I don't really like the 1'000'000 syntax,

Me neither.

Personally I would be happy with any choice of separator symbol.
My suggestion about using single quote is based on C++ syntax.
I presume that probably many C++ programmers are already
accustomed to use single quote for separating digit groups.

Java's variant with underscore is good enough, but it may be a bit
confusing due to similarity of variable names to number literals:
local _100_000 = 1_000_000
It would be a nice feature for obfuscating Lua programs :-)

BTW, we have a backtick symbol not used in Lua syntax yet.