On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Viacheslav Usov <via.usov@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a theoretical exercise, yes. In practice, YMMV. My practical concern has
> to do with Lua script writers who are not programmers by trade. Lua is great
> for such users, but I cannot expect that such users would really be using
> any sort of static analysis tools if they are optional.

Fair enough - but if you control the _environment_ in which these
scripters are working then you can impose a step.  Everyone agrees
that spellchecking is a good idea (particularly in an odd language
like English) so the idea is easily transferable. These tools can be
integrated into an editing environment. For instance, I'm enjoying
Hisham's excellent little Dit editor because ctrl-s fires a luacheck
step, and highlights suspicious names.