[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua 5.3.3 (rc1) now available
- From: Jonathan Goble <jcgoble3@...>
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 22:43:57 -0400
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.
Two questions regarding the modifications to the pattern-matching code:
1. Why was the non-linear complexity stuff removed? To be honest, I
never quite understood that stuff in the first place, but I'm curious
why it was added in 5.3.2 only to now be removed in 5.3.3.
2. Why has the capture limit been changed from an int to an unsigned
char? Does this have something to do with limits on number of return
values or number of function arguments (i.e. string.gsub called with a