Hi Dan,

Thanks for your interest in the project!

The content of arg and opts depends on what you wrote in help :-)

You can explore what happens by adding this code:

for k,v in pairs (opts) do print ("opts['" .. tostring(k) .. "']", v) end
for i,v in ipairs (arg) do print ("arg[" .. i .. "]", v) end

And then running your program with various options to see what happens.

You can also see a more complex example in specl, taking help from:

https://github.com/gvvaughan/specl/blob/master/lib/specl/version.lua

And parsing in process_args() from:

https://github.com/gvvaughan/specl/blob/master/lib/specl/main.lua

HTH,

--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)