On 20/04/16 02:20 AM, 云风 Cloud Wu wrote:
We know v:name(args) is syntactic sugar for v.name <http://v.name>(v,args) .

Could we make this syntactic sugar more flexible ? like this :

v:x.name <http://x.name>(args) -> v.x.name <http://v.x.name>(v, args)

Maybe it will be more useful especially when v is an userdata with complex structures.

v.x can be a type object rather than a value belongs to v ( v1.x == v2.x when the type of v1 is the same with v2)

I remember proposing this before, but am too lazy to look for the thread.