Am 19.04.2016 um 13:45 schrieb Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo:
I see. This is the only one point i assume, was the wrong design
decision: Omit the explicit statement delimitter ";"

If you want this in your version of Lua, you could add a token filter
that replaces '; .' with '; self.' and the same for `:`.

It sound to me like it is a simple change. I don't want live on my own
isle, so creating my "own" lua version is no option for me. It would prevent sharing my code with others.

But, if it is easy to implement and in case other coder like my idea,
why not do it? (Sure, if i am the only one who request this feature,
it make no sense, to implement it.)

Ulrich.

See http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2008-01/msg00524.html for a similar
but simpler solution to the same problem of avoiding writting 'self'.