On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 3:09 AM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> The reason it would be good to be static is so that an initramfs wouldn't be necessary (though it usually is for other reasons). But static compilation isn't absolutely necessary: all the libraries could go in an initramfs.

This reminds me of something that I have been thinking of for a while:

1. Have an executable built with Lua statically.

2. Load native Lua modules built for the same Lua version, that would then use the static Lua library in the host executable.

It is acceptable that both Lua and modules need to be built with a special define or defines.

Perhaps something like that has already been done. Anyone know?

Cheers,
V.