On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 09:42PM, Petite Abeille wrote:
> Preferably something in Lua, small, and more or less POSIX compliant.

You're welcome to take a look at this:

	https://bitbucket.org/telemachus/lua-getopt

It's pretty small and meant to imitate getopt.c (warts and all), so it
should be POSIX compliant. I've been using it in personal projects for
a few years, but haven't uploaded it to LuaRocks yet since I'm not
convinced it's ready for prime time.

It only accepts short flags, which will no doubt make it less appealing to
many people. It's also low on documentation (and tests, cough), which
should make it less appealing as well. It pretty much assumes you're used
to getopt.c. There are a handful of examples in a subdirectory that serve
as both documentation and quasi-tests right now.

Enjoy, P