On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 11, 2016, at 9:58 PM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Define "POSIX-compliant”
>
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap12.html
>
> But really, no hairsplitting here.
>
> Anyway, what about something like docopt?
>
> http://docopt.org
>
> Any Lua implementation worthwhile considering?
>
> The interweb comes a bit short.

Okay, fair enough, I suppose what I really meant is that while POSIX
defines the behavior of getopt, getopt is not standardized as the
de-facto command line parsing behavior. Most GNU tools don't comply
with it strictly (--long-options aren't POSIX) and plenty of common
tools don't follow either GNU or POSIX conventions (X uses
-longoptions, for example).

So the question really was, what style of command line parsing is
actually desired?

/s/ Adam