Hello list!

I'm glad to announce that HexChat, a popular IRC client, is getting Lua
scripting support. It is currently being tested, and should be included in the
next release.

If you'd like to test it out, clone the hexchat repo [1] and checkout the
`wip/lua` branch. The plugin works with Lua 5.1-5.3 as well as LuaJIT. Windows
users can grab a MinGW-compiled dll of the plugin from my repo [2] and simply
load it in the client.

Documentation for the API can be found here [3].

Feedback is appreciated. You can find us on IRC in #hexchat on freenode [4].

[1] https://github.com/hexchat/hexchat/
[2] https://github.com/mniip/hexchat-lua/releases
[3] https://hexchat.readthedocs.org/en/latest/script_lua.html
[4] irc://freenode.net/#hexchat