Hi Peter

This is strange, since luasql.postgres does not use malloc nor free...

Can you point out more precisely where the problem is?  Maybe you could
close the objects instead of leaving them to the garbage collector ...

Regards,
Tomás

On 2016-03-15 13:24, Peter Hickman wrote:
I'm running Lua 5.1.3 on OS X 10.11.3. The application in question is
mostly database work using luasql.postgres

Every now and then I get something like:

lua(45734,0x7fff7ab92000) malloc: *** error for object 0x10001f6c0:
pointer being freed was not allocated

Abort trap: 6

I suspect that this is only occurring when there is a large amount of
data to process.

Any suggestions as to how to handle this sort of situation (presently
the process is being restarted repeatedly until all the data is
processed and then the issue goes away).

We could live with it but it bugs me.