There is luabind-deboostified which does not need to link with boost, but uses templates, so longer compilation times.

https://github.com/decimad/luabind-deboostified

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 8:22 PM, ThePhD <jm3689@columbia.edu> wrote:
If you're looking for Binding C++ to Lua, I just finished Sol2[1], a fast AND easy Lua <-> C++ binding library. We have documentation now too, and examples. Feel free to  take a look: I was going to make an announcement here, but... well, this is a really timely post you've made!