Hello,

I'd like to announce a conference about Lua happening on 9th of July in Rio de Janeiro: http://luaconf.com/

Since 2010 the Lua workshop has been held in foreign countries. It is time a local conference is held to continue promoting Lua and strengthen the community of Brazilian Lua developers. For this reason, Evandro Gonçalves and I decided to create LuaConf.

Do not mistake with the Lua Workshop. LuaConf is a separate conference and it is not organized by the Lua team.

Tickets aren't available yet.

The call for presentations is open and talks can be in either Portuguese or English:
http://luaconf.com/en#speakers (English)
http://luaconf.com/pt#speakers (Portuguese)

We also have plenty of sponsorship opportunities, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers,
​​Etiene Dalcol

Software Engineering student at ENSTA Bretagne and PUC-Rio
Sailor Developer http://sailorproject.org
Lua Ladies Founder
http://lualadies.org