Those being external unofficial tools/projects has a whole lot of
disadvantages vs. if it was an official part of the language. That's
why I'm interested in them being part of the core, and that's
specifically what I'm asking about. And also the existence of those
projects (esp. Typed Lua, given its PUC roots) is why I'm even having
any hopes for that and dare ask at all.

Also, as to the "non-goal" support voices: I explicitly mentioned an
*optional* type system, which I'd imagine could hopefully be made
perfectly backwards-compatible with the current approach? (as seems to
be the case with e.g. the Typed Lua project, no?) So I genuinely don't
really understand what's a problem here one would feel a need to "hope
against"?