On Thursday, March 03, 2016 at 04:55PM, Stefano wrote:
> For people with a Python background as well, is there any book similar in
> spirit for Python?

This is not (exactly) an answer to your question, but I very much liked
the book Learn Python in Ten Minutes. It is a hyper-rapid introduction to
Python for people who already know how to program in other languages. For
that purpose, it's very useful, though it's nowhere near as in-depth a book
as PiL.

Anyhow, it's available freely online or in a slightly expanded ebook format
for about $5.00.

Free: https://www.stavros.io/tutorials/python/
Ebook: https://leanpub.com/learn-python

Best, P