[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] Ravi (a Lua 5.3 dialect) with LLVM JIT Compilation technology - Alpha Release 0.14
- From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@...>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:19:16 +0000
Ravi (http://ravilang.org) is a dialect of Lua 5.3 with LLVM based JIT
compiler and limited optional static typing.
I am pleased to announce that the alpha 0.14 release of Ravi is now
The principal changes in this release are:
* The on request JIT compilation has been enhanced to accept a table;
when a table of Lua functions is supplied, the generated code is put
into the same LLVM Module (translation unit) rather than separate
modules for each function. Each function maintains a reference to the
LLVM module via a reference counted pointer - so when the last
function is garbage collected the module will be released. This
approach should result in less memory usage and also opens the door
for other optimizations within the module.
* The Lua 5.3.2 bug fixes have been applied.
For full details and previous releases please see: