Dear list,

I'd like to announce the first (v0.1) release of Lift, a general-purpose task automation tool for Lua with support for multitasking, streams and asynchronous I/O powered by libuv. It's available on luarocks and works on Linux, OSX and Windows.

Lift was inspired by projects such as Rake, Gulp and npm, but follows a unique Lua-ish design. Check out the full list of features at:

https://github.com/tbastos/lift

I'm currently looking for early adopters or even contributors to help guide the development. Would you rather use Lua to automate your development workflow? Do you think Lua is currently missing a more powerful build tool/task runner/other development tool? Please check out the project and give your feedback, say which features are important and so forth.

Cheers!