Hi List!

I just realized that the manual doesn't say much about the return value of file:close for handles created by regular io.open.

A not-so-in-depth scan of liolib.c code seems to confirm my initial assumption that, more or less, it returns what the underlying C fclose function returns.

The problem is that this is not documented, but probably it should, since a fclose failure may mean that the write-buffered data could have been lost or something like that.

I didn't check thoroughly, but the same could apply to file:close (which I assume it relies on C's fflush).

IMHO the manual should mention at least briefly what those methods return in general. What do you think?

Cheers!

Lorenzo

P.S.: Happy (late) New Year :-)