On 17 December 2015 at 00:18, Geoff Smith <spammealot1@live.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Just wondering if there are any libraries around to allow Lua to read/write
> data to Open Source Spreadsheets such as Libre Office,  Google Spreadsheets,
> etc.
>

> I have been looking around and drew a blank on this, so I thought I would
> ask here.  Is this a particularly difficult library to create as no one
> seems to have tackled it ?
>

> Regards Geoff

I know there is an xlsx module: https://xlsxwriterlua.readthedocs.org/
But that's not what you asked for.

Google Spreadsheets, being a remote service, has an HTTP API:
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/spreadsheets/
It's not simple. But depending what subset of functionality you need;
you could write something within a day.