Hello, everyone!

I'm very happy to announce a new Sailor version is coming out today! Version 0.5 - Pluto
http://sailorproject.org/
http://github.com/Etiene/sailor

What's new from Sailor v0.4 Chibi?
* More tests for Sailor itself and integration with Travis CI
* Transactions for some major databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3)
* Integration with multiple Lua->JS virtual machines for using Lua on the browser
* General improvements on using Lua on the browser
  * Requiring of Lua modules
  * Accessing JS functions and passing callbacks
  * Better DOM manipulation
  * Accessing JS libraries (e.g. JQuery) and using them from Lua
* Integration with internal OpenResty's MySQL DB API
* Simulated OpenResty environment on automated tests (Depends on OpenResty)
* Improvements on OpenResty compatibility
* Improvements on Lighttpd compatiblity
* Some bugfixes

Roadmap
* A rework on friendly urls
* Have a way to easily integrate ready-to-go external sailor extensions / plugins
* Rework how Sailor deals with views, allowing to use templates other than Lua Pages
* Review the session manager
* Integration with mod_lua's DB API and DB module refactor

Call for contributors! <3 <3 <3 <3
Would you like to participate in the future of Sailor or contribute to a Lua tool for web development? Sailor needs your help to make our next release a 1.0 release, we are now very close! :) It would be amazing if more people joined in! Please consider contributing with code, tests, documentation, translation or spreading the word. For more details, check the complete Contribution Guide: https://github.com/Etiene/sailor/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Quick install example for Unix, using Xavante web server:

luarocks install sailor
sailor create "my app" /var/www
cd /var/www/my_app
lua start-server.lua

ATTENTION: If you are upgrading from previous versions you might have an issue with shared files during app creation. If it's the case, then you need to remove the current sailor version before installing the new one.

More information on how to install using different a different setup / environment, tutorials and reference manual: http://sailorproject.org/?r=docs

Supported Environments:
OS: Windows, Mac and Linux
Servers: Apache2 with mod_lua, Nginx distro OpenResty, Mongoose, Xavante, Lwan and Lighthttpd
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite (databases supported by the luasql library) + OpenResty native MySQL API

The license is MIT, Sailor is completely free software, use at will! Feedback is much appreciated. If you really like it you can consider making a donation: http://sailorproject.org/?r=main/donate

If you need support, please contact me or send an email to this mail list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sailor-l

Cheers!
--
Etiene Dalcol

Software Engineering student at ENSTA Bretagne and PUC-Rio
Sailor Developer http://sailorproject.org
Lua Ladies Founder
http://lualadies.org