On 6 November 2015 at 20:14, Shmuel Zeigerman <shmuz@013net.net> wrote:
> On 04/11/2015 00:49, Stefano wrote:
>>
>> As you guessed, I have upgraded ULua - A Lua distribution for Windows,
>> OSX and Linux based on LuaJIT: http://www.scilua.org/ulua.html - to
>> include support for x64 [1].
>>

> I just gave it a try on Windows XP SP3 x86 and it popped up a GUI message
> box saying:
> "E:\BB\F\Today\ulua\luajit\2_1_head20151027\Windows\x86\luajit.exe is not a
> valid Win32 application".
> (Which is strange as Dependency Walker shows no problems with luajit.exe and
> lua51.dll).

You are right, I did not test it on Windows XP (only down to Windows7)
thanks for reporting the issue!

I investigated the issue and it appears that to target Windows XP with
Visual Studio 2015 (which I am using) e specific compiler target needs
to be specified (noelicus reply):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11305633/xxxxxx-exe-is-not-a-valid-win32-application

This means that I would have to maintain a separate branch just for Windows XP.
To be honest, I am thinking of dropping Windows XP support, at least
in the short term.
After all Windows 7 has been released 7 years ago.

Stefano