I just pushed a module called lua-chacha to GitHub [1].

It is a C module that implements the ChaCha stream cipher
based on D.J. Bernstein's original codebase. It supports
ChaCha8, ChaCha12 and ChaCha20, as well as the IETF
ChaCha20 variant.

I want to stress that ChaCha is a stream cipher that is
not, by itself, a secure way to encrypt data. It is a
low-level primitive intended to be composed with others
to form a complete cryptography system.

I have only released that module for Lua 5.3 on LuaRocks
because it is the only Lua version I have tested it with
so far.

[1] https://github.com/catwell/lua-chacha

--
Pierre Chapuis