Am 18.10.2015 um 11:11 schröbte Marc Balmer:
The Lua command line usually has readline support.  Would it be possible to use this in debug.debug(), too?  Or would that bloat liblua?

There are licensing issues: libreadline is GPL, and you probably don't want liblua and anything that links to it to be covered by GPL by default. Maybe an interface similar to `lua_setallocf()` would be possible. Then the host application (e.g. the Lua interpreter) can link to libreadline if desired and provide the necessary function pointers to have line editing in `debug.debug()`. Depending on how popular `debug.debug()` really is (I think I've never used it) this might be overkill though.

Philipp