Roberto,

> I don't think the stack may get reallocated during the execution of
> 'lua_makeMeAStringPlease'. What call sequence would cause that?

I must admit I'm using eLua, which includes some well-known patches as e.g. the emergency GC patch, the NaN value packing patch and others. My minimal test case includes requiring a module which itself requires an (empty) module (I've checked that this leaves some garbage on the stack), and then trying something that constructs a string, like print, tostring(), etc. I understand this may be an eLua issue; I'm just interested in how it should better be solved (save/restorestack? explicit temporary variable?).

Best regards,

--
DoubleF