1) 5.1

2) CentOS 6.6

3) There is the big deal. It's right now intricated into dynamically linked libraries, and so on.

To summarize, I have at the beginning something like this:

    if (luaL_loadfile(L, "test.lua") || lua_pcall(L, 0, 0, 0)) {
        cout << "Error: " << lua_tostring(L, -1) << endl;
    }

And then in a loop:

    lua_getglobal(L, "foo");
    luaT_pushudata(L, tensor, torch_Tensor);

    if (lua_pcall(L, 1, 0, 0)) {
        cout << "Error: " << lua_tostring(L, -1) << endl;
    }

Note that I use Torch. I will try to extract some standalone example, but that is non-trivial.