It was thus said that the Great Hisham once stated:
> Hi! Congratulations on the release!
>
> On 4 October 2015 at 18:28, Alexandre Skyrme <askyrme@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> >>
> >> luaproc is a concurrency library for Lua, it allows multiple independent
> >> execution flows of Lua code (Lua processes) to be executed in parallel.
>
> What versions of Lua are supported? It would be nice to have it in the
> announcement/README.
>
> >> It is available at:
> >>
> >>   https://github.com/askyrme/luaproc
> >>
> >> This is version 1.0-4. It supports Lua processes as arguments to create
> >> new Lua processes - previously it only supported Lua code strings - and
> >> fixes a few bugs.
> >
> > Sorry, the last paragraph should have read:
> >
> > This is version 1.0-4. It supports Lua **functions*** as arguments to
> > create new Lua processes - previously it only supported Lua code strings -
> > and fixes a few bugs.
>
> What happens when functions have upvalues?
>
> And, on a tightly related note, do you have any recommendation for
> serialization libraries? From this discussion on lua-l [1] there seem
> to be a number of options, apparently including ones that serialize
> upvalues.
> [1] http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2015-08/msg00082.html

  Ah yes.  I haven't made any progress since posting, due to lack of need.
But I do have some notes:

function
        See below.  Problems include C functions without a usable name.

userdata
        lightuserdata   - error
        userdata - insanely ugly.  Use callbacks to handle.
        (example: FILE*)

thread
        error, not currently possible.

table
        Due to Lua semantics (since you can mix an array with non-integer
        indicies), convert to MAP

  It'll take me a few days to get the code up somewhere if anyone is
interested in what I have so far.

  -spc