You need a web server. Just running the app doesn't work. You need to use apache2 (https://luanova.org/setting-orbit-to-use-apache2/) or Xavante (luarocks install wsapi-xavante).

I highly recommend Xavante. It installs easily and then you just run `$ wsapi app.lua`. I believe it defaults to port 8080. See the help on `wsapi --help` for more details.

(I am not in front of a PC right now so some of the commands might be off by a little bit.)

Hope this helps.
--
Regards,
Ryan

Sent from my phone

Coming back to Lua 5.1, the error disappear. But, I was not able to
launch the script! It seems to be very close.

No errors, but no results. Doing "$ lua app.lua" at the terminal,
nothing is writen, not is returned...

But, actually, I didnt no either what URL to call! What'is the port?
Sould I call as "localhost:3000"?

The module is:

-- hello.lua
#!/usr/bin/env wsapi.cgi

local orbit = require('orbit')

module('hello', package.seeall, orbit.new)

function index(web)
return render_index()
end

hello:dispatch_get(index, '/index')