  That's an interesting solution, but how many github projects/Lua modules
will that work with?

  -spc (I must be the odd-man out ... )

It works with quite a few. Usually people follow some sort of standard in all their own projects at least so whatever sub directories they choose you could have it in your package.path definition and it would work with a bunch of projects.

But I think this is just how I applied it and it seemed a '?' in between should not replicate the whole namespace or submodule hierarchy since it leads to entirely different directories for the final file which is a sub module for the same main module or probably a module for the same namespace.