Hi,

I've uploaded (newly renamed) pegex to Luarocks.

It's a simple regex engine which works by converting regexes to equivalent
LPeg expressions (using the algorithm in this paper co-authored by a Roberto
Ierusalimschy: http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/docs/ry10-01.pdf -
thanks!); the only dependency is LPeg.

It supports basic regular expression features as well as some common
extensions like captures and backreferences.

There is a small amount of documentation:

https://github.com/jugglerchris/ta-regex

I originally implemented this to add regex searches in the Textadept editor
(hence the repository name), but the engine doesn't depend on anything
Textadept-specific, so thought it was worth publishing separately in case
it's useful for anyone where Lua patterns aren't quite powerful enough.

Regards,

Chris