On 13 September 2015 at 23:26, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Sean Conner once stated:
> It was thus said that the Great Stefano once stated:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Based on the previous feedback, I implemented friendly html reporting for
> > your convenience.

> > In general, there is not much you can do for the excluded cases.
> > Please let me know if something is still unclear.
>
>   Quite a few modules are rejected because of "depends on external library"
> yet that "external library" might very well exist on Linux and OSX (by
> default!) but not Windows [1].  Does the lack of a library on *any* platform
> exclude the module entirely?  I ask, because the reason for
> "org.conman.uuid" being excluded is interesting.  For two operating systems,
> it's because of "condenting module" error [2] but for Windows, it's because
> of "unsupported OS", which I read as, "once the contending module conflict
> is resolved, then we'll have "org.conman.uuid" for both Linux and OSX but
> not Windows."

  Hmm ... had I scrolled around further on the pages, I could have answered
that question---it seems that if a module cannot be used on one platform,
it's not included at all [3].

That is the case right now.
However, shortly it will be possible to have packages available only for some OS.
It is on my short-term TODO list.

  But there's still another issue---where one version of a module is
available for all platforms, but not a newer version.  lua-discount is an
example of this.  I seem to recall you only packing the latest versions of a
module, but here it seems that packing an older version that works across
all platforms is better than not packing it at all.  But that's my opinion.

It seems to me that lua-discount latests passes, where did you notice this?

  -spc

> [1]   Windows.  Why did it have to be Windows?
>
> [2]   discussed in a previous email

[3]     luacwrap works for both Linux and Windows, but not for OSX so it's
        not available.  Then there's pdh, which is only available for
        Windows, and it's not listed as a ulua module either. [4]

[4]     Actually, the Windows only modules are an interesting case, as it's
        in Windows that binary-only distributions are normal, because not
        everyone has a C compiler.  This might be an issue for uLua.

My assumption for ULua is that no one has a compiler or wants to use one ;)

Stefano