I suppose it's because they are about different things...
The __concat metamethod will be called when you try to concatenate things using two dots, like with strings.
And table.concat is used to get the members of a table and put them together in one string using a separator, like the contrary of a split.

Hello!

Why does table.concat not respect __concat? I wanted to make it error with a custom error message.

--
Disclaimer: these emails are public and can be accessed from <TODO: get a non-DHCP IP and put it here>. If you do not agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.

--
Etiene Dalcol

Software Engineering student at ENSTA Bretagne and PUC-Rio
Sailor Developer http://sailorproject.org
Lua Ladies Founder
http://lualadies.org