On Monday, September 7, 2015, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

The tests are not meant to be portable across implementations.  Note
that we do not even have a test suite for "Lua 5.3": the suites
are specific for each release (5.3.0, 5.3.1, etc.).  These are not
"conformance" tests; they are *internal* tests that we use in our
development, made public by "popular demand".

Ok understood. I try to ensure that in interpreter mode the tests pass, usually they do except where limits are concerned because due to byte code structure difference some of the limits in Ravi are smaller. So for these I have modified the test to use smaller limits. In JIT mode, I have to disable tests that rely upon debug interface. But the GC tests should pass, if I can ensure that during the GC tests the extra collection calls are disabled.

I think it is extremely helpful to have these tests, so thanks very much for making them available.

Regards
Dibyendu