On 03/09/15 02:47 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
The following function, when invoked, causes a C stack overflow
in Lua 5.3.

local subsystem_mt = {__index =
    function(spec,auction)
       for key,bid in ipairs(spec) do
          print("Checking '"..auction.."' against '"..key.."'")
       end
    end}
I may be missing something, but "The following function" does not seem
to be a function. It looks like a table... (Therefore, I do not know
how to invoke it to cause something.)

-- Roberto

Well there is a function, it's inside the table...

But I don't see how invoking it would cause something, either.

subsystem_mt.__index()
subsystem_mt:__index()
subsystem_mt.__index(table)

Disclaimer: these emails are public and can be accessed from <TODO: get a non-DHCP IP and put it here>. If you do not agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.