> On Aug 18, 2015, at 12:56 PM, Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>   -spc (What, exactly, are you doing that require all these proposals you
>> 	make?)
>>
> Time-sensitive stuff.

If your project is really that time-sensitive you should be coding all or part of it in a more traditional compiled language. No doubt there are 100+ changes that could be made to Lua to make it faster, but then it wouldn’t be Lua any more, it would be a rather bad version of something like C.

We intermix Lua and C in most of our work, and carefully define “dumb but fast” C libraries to do the heavy lifting but leave all policy and business decision logic in Lua. It’s worked well for us.

—Tim