For those of us who can't make the trip, any chance the sessions will be livestreamed or recorded and uploaded later?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:

On 18/08/2015 15:11, Lorenzo Donati wrote:

On 18/08/2015 09:02, Marc Balmer wrote:

Am 18.08.15 um 01:35 schrieb Lorenzo Donati:

On 05/05/2015 12:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
The Lua Workshop 2015 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, on October
15-16,
courtesy of King. There is a web page for the Workshop at

For a moment I thought it was "The King" of Sweden!
Too good to be true to be recognized at such an high level for we poor
SW developer! We don't even have a Nobel prize! :-)

There is the Turing Award which is widely seen as the Nobel prize in
informatics.  FWIW, his years laureate is Prof. Michael Stonebreaker of
PostgreSQL fame.

Yep! But, let's be honest, how many laymen know what a Turing award is?
Probably if you went to the grocery store and told the owner you won a
Turing award vs. you won a Nobel prize I suspect the effect would be
remarkably different! Well, unless the owner were a former computer
scientist. :-)

Anyway, at least we don't risk this:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/what-it-s-like-to-carry-your-nobel-prize-through-airport-security/

:-D