On 08/14/2015 07:55 PM, Soni L. wrote:

- -Fallthrough-by-default (on most programming languages). (clarity)

I don't agree with this statement. Fallthrough-by-default is a typical feature of the C-syntax family of programming language (C,Java,JavaScript,...) but it is not for other languages. Fortran, Ada, Pascal (correct me if I am wrong) all have break-by-default. And I think Lua syntax is much closer to those languages, so I would prefer break-by-default for Lua if it ever introduces a switch case syntax.

Additionally I think fallthrough-by-default is error prone, many tools like Lint and Eclipse CDT actually warn you if you are missing a break after your case block.

--
Thomas