Hi,

I have started a piece of work to document the Lua 5.3 byte codes. My
aim is to create a specification document that not only describes each
bytecode but also specifies how the Lua VM handles the bytecode. This
work is triggered by the issues I faced recently in Ravi due to my
lack of understanding of certain aspects of Lua bytecode
interpretation.

I am using the excellent 'A No-Frills Introduction to Lua 5.1 VM
Instructions' by Kein-Hong Man as my starting point.

My initial focus is on the function calling sequence in Lua.

The document is being written in reStructuredText - so many different
output formats are possible. I would be very grateful for any help you
can provide in reviewing this document.

https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi/blob/master/readthedocs/lua_bytecode_reference.rst

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu