Well Elasticsearch is basically a search server based on Lucene. It's open source, highly scalable and distributed.

It's been used by many companies like Github, Wikimedia, SoundCloud, Mozilla, etc.

It basically has a REST API for search queries. There are wrappers around it in various languages such as PHP, Python, _javascript_, Ruby but there was none for Lua.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 3:46 AM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Dhaval Kapil <me@dhavalkapil.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been developing an elasticsearch client for Lua since some time. It's
>n the final stages. It would be helpful if people could try it out and
> report bugs or give their suggestions.
>
> Source code is on github.
>
> It can be downloaded using luarocks:
>
> [sudo] luarocks install --server=http://luarocks.org/manifests/dhavalkapil