On 8 August 2015 at 07:27, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> NumLua is not even unmaintained, it is uncompleted. It is still stuck
> at Lua 5.1 and even that version (whose webpage was last updated
> 8 years ago) has no documentation. The lesson to be learnt is that
> a comprehensive numerical library is not a job for one programmer
> who has other interests too.

Documentation appears to be there but in the form of help files?

https://github.com/carvalho/numlua/tree/master/lhp

> The leading Lua-based numerical package is GSL-Shell, which hooks
> into well-maintained libraries and has truly awesome documentation.
> Its one disadvantage from a Lua 5.3 point of view is that it is based
> on LuaJIT.

It is a pity that GSL-Shell only works for LuaJIT. My plan is to wrap
GSL for Ravi but in a way that works for both Lua 5.3 and Ravi. But
for matrices I felt there was no need to have a dependency on GSL (and
thereby keep the license MIT).

Regards
Dibyendu