Hi

One of the problems I have is how to improve the performance of  small
Lua functions that don't do much but are there for convenience. The
overhead of a Lua function call is quite high - so what I need is a
way to inline the functions. Not being a compiler guru this is
somewhat beyond my capabilities right now. So as a cheaper alternative
I am thinking of introducing is support for macros as in C - allow
user to define macros which are preprocessed textually before the
parser runs. So I am looking for a small and fast opensource
implementation of a macro preprocessor - the main capability I need is
the equivalent of #define in C.

The license needs to be liberal so that it is compatible with MIT
license. It should be written in C so that I can integrate it in Ravi.

If anyone here knows of an implementation that I should look at please
let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu