On 19/07/2015 20:17, Ashwin Hirschi wrote:

    http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.3.1.tar.gz

I just downloaded that package and checked its signatures. I get a
mismatch for both:

MD5: 797adacada8d85761c079390ff1d9961
SHA1: 1676c6a041d90b6982db8cef1e5fb26000ab6dee

According to http://www.lua.org/download.html there is no mismatch.

Yep! Just checked. You're right!

So the signatures in the message of lhf I replied to are wrong. But @Dirk seems to have downloaded a package that matches these older signatures so there is a problem somewhere. Was the release repackaged for some reason? I haven't seen any announce in the list about that. Maybe I missed a message (I'm not too active on the list lately).

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo

Your checksums match exactly (and are the same ones I get).

Ashwin.