Elias Barrionovo <elias.tandel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
>> This brings back terrible nightmares about the use of 'sudo' and the 'rm'
>> command, along with an errant space, way back in my early Linux days.
>

> What, just like [1] and [2]?
>
> [1] https://github.com/MrMEEE/bumblebee-Old-and-abbandoned/issues/123
> [2] https://github.com/valvesoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/3671

Yes, almost exactly the error in [1]... omg, the error in [2] is just
horrible, who even writes code like that?!

Well, Valve, apparently. LoL. But seriously, whomever typed:

rm -rf "$STEAMROOT/"*

without realising what would happen if $STEAMROOT was empty, and not
performing any sort of sanity checks... all I can do is shake my head.

~pmd