On Jul 8, 2015, at 10:40 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> So why are we still squeamish about it?

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:
I confess I generally avoid it, and raise an eyebrow when people here recommend it’s use in production code. If some of the functions in the library are needed for day-to-day Lua functionality, then to my mind they don’t really belong in the debug library.

This is mostly not really a debug library anymore, it seems like. A better name is probably the "deep introspection" library. But they can't really change the name because that will break extant code.

--
Brigham Toskin